The Holy Spirit is not here & was not sent TO MAKE US FEEL GOOD! or in anyway give us physical sensations to reassure us of his presence.. with “experiences- encounters – or special touches”
how can I say that???
because in …..
John 16 v 8 – 15 Jesus talks about the promise of the Holy spirit coming & the purposes of that:
And He, when He comes, (talking about the Holy Spirit) will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
12 “I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He,the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.
we see from the passage:
The Holy Spirit comes to
- convict us of sin – (principles of which contained in the word)
- to promote right standing with God (through repentance (defined through the word & actioned through the promotion of Christ’s saving grace)
- helps us to identify & recognise deception through discernment & helps us practically to overcome evil/oppression in the world (deception & evil being defined by the word)
- speak God’s words – he himself does not ”go off the map” (always matches up with scripture under New Covenant principles)
- Glorify Jesus – above everything ( doesnt seek any glory or praise for himself)
- reveal that which is of God & make it known to our hearts… ( is prophetic – a counsellor- but always in submission to the above points)
When we see some leaders presenting the Holy Spirit differently in contradiction to this overview – it has to be time to ask some serious questions… about whether it is the Holy Spirit or a deceptive False demonic spirit acting as an imposter… making people behave – against their sensibilities & sometimes free will… at work.. are we seeing this or the above in our amazing times in the “glory zone” ask yourself which it is…
time & time again the scriptures warn against DRUNKENESS… why then would the Holy Spirit – in all power & presence produce a physical response identical in its outward appearance… he doesnt of course… becasue to do so would be contradictory of the precious word of God
Is Jesus being glorified when people are rolling on the floor doing this stuff?
please check out the scriptures for your self… simply type the words “drunk- drunken – drunkard – drunkardness into the search bar over at bible gateway… research it out …. & be blessed…
further reading: http://www.gty.org/Blog/B130730