It no longer surprises me that there is confusion as to what the GOSPEL actually is..
Latter Rain teaching- which is being fully incorporated into the “River” – churned out by Bethel & adopted by every neo charismatic church in the loop – are teaching very clearly the “Gospel of the KINGDOM’ which could also be termed KINGDOM NOW & is completely dominionist in nature….
now as phrases go Jesus did teach about the Kingdom of God… He said in John 18v 36 my kingdom is NOT of this world…
the phraseology of the “Gospel of salvation” is not a biblical definative – in the sense that it is not stated as a different concept away from the kingdom of God… biblically- the Kingdom of God that Jesus talks of includes salvation… often on the blog I refer to the Gospel of “Christ Crucified” all of these things are one & the same… the word “gospel” means good news so the biblical gospel – which is widely referred to throughout NT early church teachings is the good news of Jesus… who he was – what he came to do & how he accomplished that for all time… — if you are not sure about these things please refer to the True Jesus- false Jesus page on this blog…
the differentiation between the Gospel of salvation & the Gospel of the Kingdom has clearly come right out of the latter rain NAR – neo- charismatic teaching..
effectively – what is being taught is that
a) salvation on its own is not sufficient — there is an underlying sense that Salvation is old fashioned- outdated – not powerful enough & not really that necessary for a person to operate or be activated by the Holy spirit to meet their destiny or to go with the flow of the greater agenda of this movement..
b) the Gospel of the Kingdom is superior on every level because it is a demonstration of spiritual power
c) the Gospel of the kingdom is all about bringing heaven to earth – the manifest presence of God on the earth which MUST happen in all fullness in order for Christ to return — the 7 mountains mandate strategy supports & serves this view completely.
d) the Gospel of the Kingdom is measured in terms of effectiveness & success simply by the amount of observable signs -wonders & miracles that occur in the midst which are then attributed to the work of the Holy Spirit..
e) the Kingdom of God is being built, established & released by christians who are fulfilling their spiritual destiny & heritage… Revival & unity must occur at all costs..
the sticky problem is that this is NOT what the bible teaches…
first off paul teaches: in 2 Corinthians 11 v 1-4 (ESV)
I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 3 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.
there are a couple of things in this passage to unpack:
- the church is betrothed to one Husband who is Christ – in purity… this means dealing with sin & error both as individuals & corporately.. when Jesus returns he will have a bride who is clothed in holiness – nothing about dominating & ruling the world on his behalf before he appears.
- led astray from a sincere & pure devotion to Christ – this devotion starts with the really obvious step of knowing & being totally grounded in the word of God… it is his word after all & it is living & active — Further more in John 1 it talks about Jesus being the word of God – we reject & neglect the written word of God – we reject Jesus.. it is that simple
- furthermore – lets be clear – it does NOT say here devotion to the outworking of signs & wonders
- v 4 a different Jesus- different spirit – different Gospel than the one Paul preached… the Church of today – (if we look at it from God’s point of view who is outside of time) has to be preaching & proclaiming the very same Gospel that was preached in & by the early church… if not – the spectrum of time which God sees completely – highlights the deviation from the original
- Paul anticipates that there will be those who will accept a different Gospel readily enough — this is a warning to us as much as it was when he wrote it… if not the scriptures have lost their relevance & become as worthless…
so here are some things the bible teaches about some of the things we have been discussing;
Jesus said: I will build My church, and the forces of Hades will not overpower it. Matthew 16v 18
Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God will come, He answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming with something observable Luke 17 v 20
Hebrews 12 v 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us hold on to grace. By it, we may serve God acceptably, with reverence and awe,
1 Timothy 1 v 15-16 This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them. 16 But I received mercy for this reason, so that in me, the worst of them, Christ Jesus might demonstrate His extraordinary patience as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life.
2 Thessalonians 2 v 3 & 4 let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day (the day of the return of Christ) will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
the bottom line is that the scriptures do not teach –
- dominion – taking the world for Christ before he comes
- Revival – on a mass world scale
- that there is another Gospel other than that of Christ Crucified — who he is & how he accomplished victorious work on the cross is central to everything
- that the Kingdom of God can be built by people
- that the success of the effectiveness of “works” to build & establish the kingdom can be in anyway measured..
- anything about the 7 mountains mandate – this would be a completely foreign concept to the early church
my thoughts are that on the basis that differing points of view are being deliberately created here by the neo charismatic crowd about what the Gospel really is & the Big names are teaching something so different from that of the scriptures it is creating confusion… just that on its own is an indictor of error on a mass scale…. please don’t be sucked into the deception – research the scriptures yourself…
further reading: these sites detail more fully the points I have made here