Leaving a Bethelized Church or one that is so far gone into the ways of error is difficult but not impossible. Our God is bigger & stronger than any falseness, work of darkness & oppression – AMEN!
here are some pointers if you are having this internal conversation
- completely get grounded in the word. pray & seek God ask him to reveal ultimate truths about all you are experiencing in your situation – ask for clear guidance from & through his word… keep a journal if necessary date, index & cross reference if thats helpful to you.
- pray pray & pray… for your leaders, for the others in your church & yourself. that the Lord would reveal HIS truth to everyone in the mix. set aside time to pray specifically into these issues, Fast too if you feel it appropriate. deal with any sin in your life & especially put right any outstanding issues you may have with any individuals you have within the body of believers.
- wait on God.. & wait a little while- observe if there is any change in emphasis in your sitution ( but also be prepared – as when we did this things actually got worse in our situation)
- Repent of anything, the Holy spirit reveals to you as error that you have been involved in – begin practicing withdrawing yourself from those elements that are occurring in your situation (ie may be no longer participating in certain ministries) always be led by the Holy spirit on this…
- continue searching the scriptures & widen your research – to find out as much info as you can about the specifics of your situation … it may be that where you are is heavily involved with SOZO or BSSM so research those things particularly
- ask questions through this blog & others.. contact us directly if you need to email@example.com
once you feel ready & ONLY after praying & seeking God about the timing etc… consider speaking to your leadership about the specific issues at hand.
I would recommend:
- arrange /ask for a meeting in a neutral venue (ie not your house) with your leader.. ensure you have someone with you to support. & that you will not be on your own up against a gang of 3.
- explain your concern carefully, ask gentle but leading questions & allow the leadership to respond – this is much better than going in with a list of “I think THIS ” – it may be through ignorance they have not considered some of the issues that you are now raising – so this does need to be acknowledged.
- qualify any of the points you make from scripture & always refer to “what the word of God says”
- Be fully prepared to hear how rebellious or anti – unity etc – you have become in bringing this to them- almost certainly there will be a defensive arrogance in leadership responses.
- Be fully prepared – to know that this meeting may clarify a need to resign.. if you feel not ready to face that possibility I would suggest not bringing these issues up until such a time… in your heart & mind – you need to feel self assured in what you are bringing & that there are very real consequences which may need to be actioned quite quickly after the meeting.
its quite likely that through this whole process, you will sense a great deal of confusion- the only antidote to that is be grounded in the word… it is our final authority & the ONLY thing you can trust in this situation to speak total truth…
* know that there others that have done this before you, we are here to help & support & to pray for you *
& you never know – you may be able to bring Truth to the table & a fresh perspective – which changes the direction of the leadership… it was ugly, but has happened with one person I have known of. I pray so & that more will be snatched from a fire.
be richly blessed.